Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's not a competition

My neighbor's mom came by yesterday to tell me that she had gotten a transplant.  Granted it was a liver transplant and not a lung transplant, but I couldn't help feeling a sad for me even when I wanted to feel only joy for her.  I tweeted the question "Does anyone else struggle to be happy for someone who gets what you really want?" and got a couple of answers, but the one that sticks out most came from a woman I have come to love on Twitter.  Her name is Liza and her answer was this "Prayer I said yest when a friend got something I was praying for 4 a year.'Thank u Lord 4 blessing them. Now bless me.' Im a brat!" and this "God's got enough good to go around. I trust His timing. It can be hard sometimes, tho!" The first reply made me feel better; that I am not alone in my imperfection. But the second one whacked me upside the head.  God does have enough good to go around.  God isn't making me wait for what I really want because He doesn't love me enough or because He used up all His good for the week already.  God's timing is perfect.  And He keeps sending people into my life that sending me running back to Him. So after Liza's response I was able to let go of my own disappointment and truly be joyous for the girl across the way.  It is much better better to have the joy in my heart rather than the cancer of disappointment. Also, please be praying for her recovery so that she can get home and back to her family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment! Please keep all comments uplifting; encourage one another and build each other up!